Centamin says 'no material disruption' from Covid-19 so far
Centamin said on Wednesday that it has experienced "no material disruption" to operations, supply chain or gold shipments so far.
The gold miner said early action was taken at the Sukari mine in Egypt, in line with its Severe Communicable Disease Outbreak Management Plan and the advice of governments and health authorities.
This included ceasing non-essential travel, adjusting and managing on-site rosters, enabling employees to work from home where possible, educating the workforce on the virus, establishing multiple mandatory checkpoints for possible symptoms and travel history screening for all visitors.
In addition, a Covid-19 Executive Committee has been established, "with a clear management and site support framework in place, including daily workforce and supply chain risk reviews".
It noted the fact that Egypt has temporarily closed the national borders to civilian travel until 15 April, but said borders remain open to goods and supplies.
"To date, we have experienced no supply disruptions and have sufficient internationally sourced critical supplies stockpiled for the next quarter. We maintain open dialogue with our key international and domestic suppliers and, as a matter of caution, have assessed alternative potential supply channels.
"As the pandemic progresses we will continue to monitor the situation closely and will adapt our policies, procedures and controls to minimise potential impacts, within our control, to our business."