Notice of AGM
Ashmore Group plc
9 September 2022
2022 Annual Report and Notice of Annual General Meeting
Ashmore Group plc (the Company) announces that in accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.1 copies of the following documents have been submitted to the FCA and will shortly be available for inspection via the National Storage Mechanism at: https://data.fca.org.uk/#/nsm/nationalstoragemechanism
1. 2022 Annual Report and Accounts (the Annual Report)
2. Notice of 2022 Annual General Meeting (the AGM Notice)
3. Form of Proxy
The Annual Report and the AGM Notice will also be made available on the Company's website: www.ashmoregroup.com
The Company's Annual General Meeting will be held at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen St, London WC2B 5DA at 12 noon on Friday 14 October 2022. Ashmore will continue to monitor developments in relation to COVID-19 and shareholders should check the Company's website and announcements for any updates concerning the arrangements for the meeting.
The information below, which is extracted from the Annual Report, is provided in compliance with DTR 6.3.5 and should be read in conjunction with the Company's Final Results announcement issued on 2 September 2022. This announcement and the Final Results announcement together constitute the material required by DTR 6.3.5. This material is not a substitute for reading the Annual Report. Cross-references in the extracted information below refer to pages in the Annual Report.
Statement of Directors' responsibilities
The directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the Group and parent company financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations. The names and functions of the directors are listed on pages 80, 81 and 87 of the Annual Report.
The directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the Group and parent Company financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Company law requires the Directors to prepare Group and parent Company financial statements for each financial year. Under that law they are required to prepare the Group financial statements in accordance with UK adopted international accounting standard and applicable law and have elected to prepare the parent Company financial statements on the same basis.
Under company law the Directors must not approve the financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Group and parent Company and of the Group's profit or loss for that period. In preparing each of the Group and parent Company financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently;
- make judgements and estimates that are reasonable, relevant and reliable;
- state whether they have been prepared in accordance with UK adopted international accounting standards;
- assess the Group and parent Company's ability to continue as a going concern, disclosing, as applicable, matters related to going concern; and
- use the going concern basis of accounting unless they either intend to liquidate the Group or the parent Company or to cease operations, or have no realistic alternative but to do so.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the parent Company's transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the parent Company and enable them to ensure that its financial statements comply with the Companies Act. They are responsible for such internal control as they determine is necessary to enable the preparation of financial statements that are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error, and have general responsibility for taking such steps as are reasonably open to them to safeguard the assets of the Group and to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities.
Under applicable law and regulations, the Directors are also responsible for preparing a Strategic report, Directors' report, Remuneration report and Corporate governance statement that complies with such law and regulations.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company's website. Legislation in the UK governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
In accordance with DTR4.1.14R, the financial statements will form part of an annual report and accounts prepared using the single electronic reporting format under ESEF. The auditor's report on these financial statements provides no assurance over the ESEF format.
Responsibility statement of the directors in respect of the annual financial report
The Directors confirm that to the best of their knowledge:
- the financial statements, prepared in accordance with the applicable set of accounting standards, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole; and
- the Strategic report and Directors' report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face.
The Directors consider that the Annual Report and Accounts, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable and provides the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Group's position and performance, business model and strategy.
For further information please contact:
Ashmore Group plc
Investor Relations +44 (0)20 3077 6278