30th May 2023
("Norcros" or "the Company")
Appointment of Board Chair
Norcros plc, a market leading supplier of high quality and innovative bathroom and kitchen products, announces the appointment of Steve Good as a Non-Executive Director and Non-Executive Board Chair Designate, both with effect from 1 July 2023. At the conclusion of the Company's AGM on 26 July 2023 Steve will assume the role of Non-Executive Board Chair upon the retirement of David McKeith, the current Acting Board Chair.
Steve Good is currently a non-executive director of Elementis plc, where he chairs the remuneration committee, and was until very recently the non-executive chair of Zotefoams plc and Devro plc. He has previously served as a non-executive director of Dialight plc. In his executive career Steve was chief executive of Low & Bonar plc between 2009 and 2014, where he had previously held various senior roles since 2004.
David McKeith, Acting Board Chair of Norcros plc, commented:
"Norcros welcomes Steve Good as a Non-Executive Director and Board Chair Designate. He has been appointed after an extensive and thorough recruitment process for his proven business leadership credentials and broad range of experience. The Company, having now been successful in recruiting a new Board Chair following the tragic death of Gary Kennedy earlier this year, is pleased to confirm that David McKeith will continue to act as Board Chair until our AGM and then retire from the Board as planned at its conclusion."
Steve Good commented:
"I am delighted to be joining the Board of Norcros plc. The strength of the Board, quality of the leadership team and market leading brands underpinning a dynamic business model auger well for the Company's continuing successful growth. I am excited to be part of the journey."
Change of Senior Independent Director
Norcros plc also announces that with effect from 1 July 2023 David McKeith will cease to be Senior Independent Director and Alison Littley, a current Non-Executive Director of the Company, will take on that role.
1. There are no disclosures concerning Stephen Paul Good to be made under Listing Rule 9.6.13 other than those contained in this announcement.
2. For the purposes of UK MAR, this Announcement contains inside information relating to directorate changes at Norcros plc. This Announcement is being made on behalf of the Company by Richard Collins, Group Counsel and Company Secretary.
3. Norcros plc's Legal Entity Identifier is 213800EIMJZZA1GBIE18
Tel: 01625 547 700
David McKeith, Acting Board Chair
Thomas Willcocks, Chief Executive Officer
James Eyre, Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 0207 796 4133
Notes to Editors
Norcros is a market leading supplier of high quality and innovative bathroom and kitchen products with operations primarily in the UK and South Africa.
Based in the UK, Norcros operates under seven brands:
· Triton - Market leader in the manufacture and marketing of showers in the UK
· Merlyn - The UK and Ireland's No.1 supplier of shower enclosures and trays to the residential, commercial and hospitality sectors
· Vado - A leading manufacturer and supplier of taps, mixer showers, bathroom accessories and valves
· Croydex - A market-leading, innovative designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality bathroom furnishings and accessories
· Abode - A leading niche designer and distributor of high quality kitchen taps, bathroom taps, and kitchen sinks
· Johnson Tiles - The leading manufacturer and supplier of ceramic tiles in the UK
· Multipanel - Grant Westfield is a leading manufacturer of high-end waterproof bathroom wall panels
Based in South Africa, Norcros operates under four brands:
· Tile Africa - Chain of retail stores focused on ceramic and porcelain tiles, and associated products such as sanitaryware, showers and adhesives
· Johnson Tiles South Africa - Manufacturer of ceramic and porcelain tiles
· TAL - The leading manufacturer of ceramic and building adhesives
· House of Plumbing - Market leading supplier of specialist plumbing materials
Norcros is headquartered in Wilmslow, Cheshire and employs around 2,400 people. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange. For further information please visit the Company website: http://www.norcros.com