Publication of Sustainability Report
24 June 2021
Sustainability Report published highlighting Rotork's role in enabling a sustainable future
Rotork Plc ('Rotork'), the global flow control and instrumentation group, has today published its inaugural Sustainability Report for the year ended 31 December 2020.
Kevin Hostetler, CEO, Rotork said:
"Today, I am delighted to present our inaugural Sustainability Report, highlighting the role Rotork is playing enabling a sustainable future and providing greater disclosure about our ESG performance.
Rotork has always pursued responsible and sustainable business practices. Our Purpose and sustainability vision are one and the same: Keeping the world flowing for future generations.
Over the past 18 months, we have accelerated our Environmental, Social and Governance ('ESG') agenda. We published our new sustainability framework in March 2021, developed around the UN Sustainable Development Goals we have chosen to target. The framework consists of three pillars: Operating Responsibly, Enabling a Sustainable Future, and Making a Positive Social Impact. Its purpose is to ensure a sharp focus on material ESG issues and enable clear, aligned reporting.
We are passionate about playing our role to the fullest. Producing regular clear communications about our role is key part of our approach."
Key highlights from the report include:
· A new set of sustainability commitments for each of the three pillars of our framework: Operating Responsibly; Enabling a Sustainable Future; and Making a Positive Social Impact.
· Rotork's current view of key climate risks and opportunities, in line with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
· Case studies demonstrating how Rotork's products enable the move to a low carbon world, with applications in low- and no- carbon fuels such as hydrogen, as well as climate change mitigation technologies, such as carbon capture, utilisation and storage.
· Rotork's role in helping customers to tackle methane emissions from their operations, representing a significant opportunity for the Company to help slow emissions of this powerful greenhouse gas.
· A strong set of results in Rotork's own ESG performance during the year, including a reduction of 18% in carbon emissions, 15% in water usage, and 12% in lost time injury rates, as well as maintaining a high score in global employee engagement.
Rotork's 2020 Sustainability Report has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards: Core option. It also provides disclosures against the SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board) framework. Alignment to these frameworks has been independently checked by Corporate Citizenship. The full Sustainability Report is available to view or download from the Company's website at www.rotork.com/esg
Rotork will publish 2021 half-year results on Tuesday 3 August 2021.
Rotork plc Tel: +44 (0)1225 733 200
Kevin Hostetler, Chief Executive
Jonathan Davis, Finance Director
Andrew Carter, Investor Relations Director
FTI Consulting Tel: + 44 (0)20 3727 1340
Nick Hasell / Susanne Yule
Rotork is a market-leading global provider of mission-critical flow control and instrumentation solutions for oil & gas, water and wastewater, power, chemical, process and industrial applications. We help customers around the world to improve efficiency, reduce emissions, minimise their environmental impact and assure safety. Rotork employs about 3,400 people, has manufacturing facilities in 20 locations and serves 173 countries through a global service network. Its shares have a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: ROR) and are a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. For more information please visit www.rotork.com.