January 2023 Traffic and CO2 Emission Statistics
JANUARY 2023 TRAFFIC AND CO2 EMISSION STATISTICS
WIZZ AIR CARRIED 4.1 MILLION PASSENGERS, AN INCREASE OF 73% YEAR-ON-YEAR
Geneva, 2 February 2023: Wizz Air Holdings Plc ("Wizz Air"), the fastest growing and one of the most sustainable European airlines, today announces passenger and CO2 emission statistics for January 2023.
In January 2023, Wizz Air carried 4,149,850 passengers, representing a 73.1% increase compared to January 2023, at a load factor of 86.0%.
Wizz Air continued to grow its network and improve its customer offering in January, including:
· Wizz Air announced flights to Istanbul, Antalya and Dalaman in Turkey. The routes will commence as of March 2023 connecting Turkey with Hungary, Romania, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
· Wizz Air inaugurated three new connections between Bucharest and Jeddah, Budapest and Jeddah and Rome and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. The airline is currently operating 12 routes to Saudi Arabia from its main bases in Europe.
· Wizz Air also announced its biggest Armenian route development from Yerevan to Katowice, Prague, Dortmund, and Sofia. The new routes will be served twice a week starting from April and June 2023.
· On 16 January 2023, Airline Economics magazine awarded Wizz Air "European Capital Markets Deal of the Year" for its 500m euro bond issued in 2022.
· Wizz Air continuously operates amongst the lowest CO2 emissions per passenger/km amongst all competitor airlines, with 54.6 grams per passenger/km for the rolling 12 months to 31 January 2023. For the month of January CO2 emissions were 51.2 grams per passenger/km (14.5% lower compared to same month last year).
Rolling 12 months
**rounded to one decimal place
Wizz Air Monthly CO2 Emission Statistics**
Rolling 12 months to:
CO2 emissions in tonnes
CO2 grams per passenger/km*
*rounded to one decimal place
**excluding cargo flights
ABOUT WIZZ AIR
Wizz Air, the fastest growing European ultra-low-cost airline and one of the most sustainable, operates a fleet of 177 Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. A team of dedicated aviation professionals delivers superior service and very low fares, making Wizz Air the preferred choice of 40.0 million passengers in the financial year F20 ending 31 March, 2020 and 27.1 million passengers in the financial year F22 ending 31 March 2022. Wizz Air is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker WIZZ. The company was recently named one of the world's top ten safest airlines by airlineratings.com, the world's only safety and product rating agency, and 2020 Airline of the Year by ATW, the most coveted honour an airline or individual can receive, recognizing individuals and organizations that have distinguished themselves through outstanding performance, innovation, and superior service. Wizz Air is a recipient of CAPA's prestigious Global Environmental Sustainability Airline Group of the year award, 2022.
- Ends -
For more information:
Zlatko Custovic, Wizz Air
+36 1 777 9407
Zsuzsa Trubek, Wizz Air
Edward Bridges / Jonathan Neilan, FTI Consulting LLP:
+36 70 652 4115
+44 20 3727 1017