Investment Manager Share Purchase
24 November 2022
DIGITAL 9 INFRASTRUCTURE PLC
("DGI9", the "Company" or, together with its subsidiaries, the "Group")
Investment Manager Share Purchase
Digital 9 Infrastructure plc (ticker: DGI9), a leading investor in the infrastructure of the internet, announces that the Investment Manager has purchased 566,893 ordinary shares of no par value in the capital of the Company ("Ordinary Shares") at an average price of 88.2 pence per share on 23 November 2022. This purchase was made by Perihelion One Limited, a company in the Triple Point Group.
The Company's Directors Phil Jordan, Keith Mansfield, and Aaron Le Cornu also purchased shares in the Company as announced earlier today.
The Investment Manager, including senior members of the Digital Infrastructure team and partners, now holds a total of 1,917,304 Ordinary Shares in the Company, representing approximately 0.22% of the total issued share capital.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE COMPANY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Triple Point Investment Management LLP (Investment Manager)
+44 (0)20 7201 8989
Ben Beaton / James Cranmer / Arnaud Jaguin
J.P. Morgan Cazenove (Corporate Broker)
+44 (0)207 742 4000
William Simmonds / Jérémie Birnbaum (Corporate Finance)
James Bouverat / Liam MacDonald-Raggett (Sales)
Akur Capital (Financial Adviser)
+44 (0)207 493 3631
Tom Frost / Anthony Richardson / Siobhan Sergeant
FTI Consulting (Communications Adviser)
+44 (0)7807 296 032
+44 (0)7703 330 199
+44 (0)7815 585 751
NOTES TO EDITORS
Digital 9 Infrastructure plc (DGI9) is an investment trust listed on the London Stock Exchange with ticker DGI9. The Company invests in the infrastructure of the internet that underpins the world's digital economy: digital infrastructure.
The Investment Manager is Triple Point Investment Management LLP ("Triple Point") which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, with extensive experience in infrastructure, real estate and private credit, while keeping ESG principles central to its business mission. Triple Point's Digital Infrastructure team has over US$ 300 billion in digital infrastructure transaction experience and in-depth relationships across global tech and global telecoms companies.
The number 9 in Digital 9 Infrastructure comes from the UN Sustainable Development Goal 9, which focuses the fund on investments that increase connectivity globally and improve the sustainability of digital infrastructure. The assets DGI9 invests in typically comprise scalable platforms and technologies including (but not limited to) subsea fibre, data centres, terrestrial fibre and wireless networks.
From its IPO in March 2021 and subsequent capital raises, DGI9 has raised total equity of £905 million and a revolving credit facility of £375 million, invested into the following data centres, subsea fibre, and wireless networks:
· Aqua Comms, a leading owner and operator of 20,000km of the most modern subsea fibre systems - the backbone of the internet - with a customer base comprising global tech and global telecommunications carriers (April 2021);
· Verne Global, the leading Icelandic data centre platform, with 40MW of high intensity computing solutions in operation or development, powered by 100% baseload renewable power (September 2021);
· EMIC-1, a partnership with Meta on a 10,000km fibre system from Europe to India (July 2021);
· SeaEdge UK1, a data centre and landing station for the North Sea Connect subsea cable, part of the North Atlantic Loop subsea network, improving connectivity between the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and North America (December 2021);
· Host Ireland, a leading enterprise broadband provider that owns and operates Fixed Wireless Access networks (April 2022);
· Volta, a premier data centre based in central London, providing 6MW retail co-location services (April 2022);
· Ficolo, a leading Finnish data centre and cloud infrastructure platform, with c.23MW of data centre capacity, powered by 100% renewable power and distributing surplus heat to district heating networks (July 2022); and
· Arqiva, the only UK national terrestrial television and radio broadcasting network in the United Kingdom - providing data, network and communications services, as well as a national IoT connectivity platform (October 2022).
The Company's Ordinary Shares were admitted to trading on the Specialist Fund Segment of the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange on 31 March 2021. It was admitted to the premium listing segment of the Official List of the Financial Conduct Authority and migrated to trading on the premium segment of the Main Market on 30 August 2022.