Hansard gains regulatory approval in Japan
21 June 2019
Hansard gains regulatory approval to operate in Japanese market
Hansard Global plc, the FTSE-listed savings provider, has announced that Hansard International Limited has been granted an Investment Manager licence in Japan, marking the first step to enable the company to enter the Japanese market with a new, innovative 'next generation' savings proposition.
A General Manager has been appointed in Tokyo, who will build on the opportunity that the new licence presents and lead the development of local resource and distribution relationships.
Gordon Marr, Group Chief Executive of Hansard Global plc said: ''I am delighted that we have successfully achieved our registration in Japan. This is a major development for Hansard's business in a market that we are confident demonstrates high potential, and represents a key part of our strategic growth plan. We are well advanced in implementing our business plan, which includes registering our next generation product, the appointment of a General Manager and engaging in productive discussions with distributors in the local market. There is more to do before we are fully operational but this presents us with a very significant and material opportunity to achieve a step change in Hansard's future growth potential."
For more information please contact
+44 (0) 203 757 4980
Ben Woodford/Geoffrey Pelham-Lane/Kimberley Taylor
+44 (0) 1624 688 000
Gordon Marr, Group Chief Executive Officer
Tim Davies, Group Chief Financial Officer
Notes to editors
• Hansard Global plc is the holding company of the Hansard Group of companies. The Company was listed on the London Stock Exchange in December 2006. The Group is a specialist long-term savings provider, based in the Isle of Man.
• The Group offers a range of flexible and tax-efficient investment products within a life assurance policy wrapper, designed to appeal to affluent, international investors.
• The Group utilises a controlled cost distribution model via a network of independent financial advisors and the retail operations of certain financial institutions who provide access to their clients in more than 170 countries. The Group's distribution model is supported by Hansard OnLine, a multi-language internet platform, and is scaleable.
• The principal geographic markets in which the Group currently services contract holders and financial advisors are the Middle East & Africa, the Far East and Latin America. These markets are served by Hansard International Limited and Hansard Worldwide Limited.
• Hansard Europe dac previously operated in Western Europe but closed to new business with effect from 30 June 2013.
• The Group's objective is to grow by attracting new business and positioning itself to adapt rapidly to market trends and conditions. The scaleability and flexibility of the Group's operations allow it to enter or develop new geographic markets and exploit growth opportunities within existing markets without the need for significant further investment.
• Following the closure of Hansard Europe dac to new business with effect from 30 June 2013, the Group continues to report new business performance of Hansard International Limited alone within this document. Reporting of Assets under Administration incorporates cash flows relating to insurance policies issued by both Hansard International Limited and Hansard Europe dac.
This announcement may contain certain forward-looking statements with respect to certain of Hansard Global plc's plans and its current goals and expectations relating to future financial condition, performance and results. By their nature forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties because they relate to future events and circumstances which are beyond Hansard Global plc's control. As a result, Hansard Global plc's actual future condition, performance and results may differ materially from the plans, goals and expectations set out in Hansard Global plc's forward-looking statements. Hansard Global plc does not undertake to update forward-looking statements contained in this announcement or any other forward-looking statement it may make. No statement in this announcement is intended to be a profit forecast or be relied upon as a guide for future performance.
This announcement contains inside information which is disclosed in accordance with the Market Abuse Regime.
Legal Entity Identifier: 213800ZJ9F2EA3Q24K05
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.